Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Wales - Day 2 (Part 4)





Have you ever had a moment in your life when you experienced something so spectacular that you felt as though your breath had been snatched from your chest? And all you can do is cry because you’re sure you have just passed on to another life and your tears mean, no, you’re still alive and what you are seeing is very real? Well, the beach in New Gale, caught me off guard. As we hiked, over the wall of hundreds of smooth stones, my gasps turned to tears. And when I looked through the lens of my camera, I determined that I had not perished and then immediately wondered how I could possibly capture the peace, the expansiveness, the OMG I am a mere pebble in this magnificent space, in a single shot.

We picked stones of deep purple, jet black, mottled white and mossy green, and stuffed our pockets full. So many smooth and interesting patterns were found that it was hard to pass on each one that we touched. But our pockets were tight and the sun was falling on the horizon, and we wanted to be back on the road to Cardigan before dark.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete